The London & South-East Branch of the Clarsach Society has a number of lever harps which are hired out at competitive rates. The majority of these are 34 string harps – some gut strung and some with nylon strings.
- We do not have any pedal harps for hire.
- The hire scheme does not include an option to buy.
Harp Hire Conditions
- Membership of the Clarsach Society (through the National Office) is a requirement for hiring one of our harps.
- The harp must be collected from and returned to one of our committee members.
- A deposit, equivalent to three months’ hire fees, is payable at the start of the hire period and will be refunded on completion of the hire.
- The monthly hire fee is payable by standing order.
- The minimum hire period is three months except in exceptional circumstances and where agreed beforehand.
Full details of the hire conditions are available on request.
Current Hire Harp Availability (October 2017)
We may have a harp available for hire – if you would like to enquire about hiring this, please contact us by filling in the form below.
Other options for hire
From time to time we may also know of private individuals who have lever harps for hire. Please contact us to ask about this possibility.
Alternatively, you could contact the National Office of the Clarsach Society which also hires out lever harps. These are normally collected from and returned to Edinburgh, but can also be sent by courier to someone who is not within reasonable travelling distance of Edinburgh. For more details, see their website.
All the main harp makers and dealers also hire out both lever and pedal harps, often with the option of buying the harp at a reduced price following a period of hire. For details, see the links to the harp makers websites.
Some harps, both pedal and lever, are also advertised for hire on the website www.affairsoftheharp.com.
For simple beginner harps with 27 strings, contact Gloucestershire based Hands on Harps. Unlevered harps are available for hire for £30 per month, fully levered £45 per month. Both have a deposit of £100 and minimum hire period of 3 months.